At Christy White Associates, we believe in continuing professional education for our clients and staff. To that end, we actively put forth workshops and in-house training on a wide array of accounting and auditing topics. Christy White, known for her exceptional easy to understand teaching style, personally heads up our workshop offerings assisted by partner Michael Ash. Our workshops are tailored to our industry specializations, including:
- Governmental Accounting Basic to Advanced – governmental GAAP explained for local government officials with an emphasis on new pronouncements and implementation
- Attendance Accounting – explaining the myriad of laws and regulations to maximize funding and avoid audit exceptions
- Student Body Fund Accounting – do’s and don’ts in accounting for fundraising monies and proper expenditure
- Audit Readiness – audit tips and traps, how to avoid audit findings, what new compliance requirements mean to you, and audit finding resolution
- Fraud Prevention and Detection – building an effective program, assessing fraud risk, fraud proofing your assets and what to do when fraud is suspected
Nonprofit Organization Training
Our auditors are experts in the unique accounting principles applicable to not-for-profit entities. We regularly share our expertise through conference presentations, client consulting, and training workshops. On an on-going basis, our staff partners with other agencies that serve the not-for-profit sector. For example, our staff currently partners with Nonprofit Management Solutions (www.npsolutions.org), a San Diego-based professional development agency that is dedicated to the needs of small to medium-size not-for-profit entities.
Meet our Instructors
President Christy White is known for her statewide training programs through current and past associations with School Services of California, FCMAT, CASBO, Los Angeles County Office of Education, and the Association of California School Administrators’ CBO program. Annually she teaches the Advanced Auditor Boot Camp for the CalCPA Education Foundation’s School District Conference.
Audit Partner Michael Ash teaches on a variety of governmental accounting and auditing topics; including: Uniform Guidance, GASB updates and governmental accounting. Participant evaluations for trainings conducted by Michael positively reflect their easy to understand and approachable communication skills.
For more information about these services, call us toll-free at (877) 220-7229 or email us at email@example.com.