As the new school year starts it’s very easy to get swept up in the day to day operation of your school! Don’t let that get in the way of taking advantage of some excellent upcoming funding opportunities!
- SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT GRANT COHORT 4 (Application Deadline: 09/08/2016) – The purpose of this grant is to provide adequate resources to eligible low performing schools to substantially raise the achievement of their students. Any charter school who is on the list of eligible schools for Cohort 4 Tier I, II or III as determined by the California Department of Education can apply. California has defined Tier I schools as the lowest 5% of elementary, middle or high schools that are identified as being in Program Improvement in the 2015-16 school year and received Title I, Part A funds in 2014-15. Tier II schools are identified as the lowest 5% of secondary schools that are eligible for, but did not receive Title I, Part A funds in the 2014-15 school year. Tier III schools are all remaining Program Improvement schools in the 2015-16 school year that were not identified in Tier I. To determine if your school is eligible and to request an application please visit the California Department of Education’s website through the following URL: Http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/sw/t1/sigcohort4.asp
- NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM EQUIPMENT ASSISTANCE GRANT (Application Deadline: 09/22/2016) – The purpose of this grant is to aid schools in serving healthier meals, improving food safety and energy efficiency and expanding access by awarding grant funds to eligible schools for the purchasing of equipment that will help fulfill the grant’s purpose. This competitive grant administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) gives priority to schools with a higher free and reduced percentage, school food authority (SFA) sites that have not received equipment assistance grants in the past, the school’s ability to document the effectiveness of equipment that will be purchased with grant funds, and schools that are in good standing in all child nutrition programs in which they participate. To request an application, interested schools should visit the following URL: http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/fo/r9/snpequip16rfa.asp
- COLLEGES READINESS BLOCK GRANT (Application Deadline 01/01/2017) – The purpose of this grant is for providing unduplicated pupils in grades 9-12 additional support to increase the number of students who graduate to enroll at institutions of higher education and complete an undergraduate degree within four years. Schools interested in receiving these funds must develop a plan to be submitted to the CDE describing how the College Readiness Block Grant will increase or improve services for unduplicated pupils to ensure college readiness. Schools must also describe how the plan aligns with their local control accountability plan.
COLLEGES READINESS BLOCK GRANT
As a condition of receiving these funds the school must identify how the impact of the grant will be measured in terms of the unduplicated pupil’s access to higher education. Funds received from this grant must be expended or encumbered by the end of the 2018-19 fiscal year. For more information, interested schools should visit the following URL: http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/fo/profile.asp?id=3946
UPCOMING CRITICAL DEADLINES
It’s important to constantly stay informed on state and local reporting deadlines!
A great tip to make sure you never miss a reporting deadline is by adding them to your e-mail or phone calendar. You can also set multiple reminders on your calendar to alert you well in advance of the due date in order to make sure your school is always prepared. Please be sure to add the following upcoming deadlines to your calendar!
- OCTOBER 3, 2016: Deadline for submitting charter school attendance corrections for all fiscal years prior to 2015-16 via CALPADS.
- OCTOBER 3, 2016: 2015-16 audit adjustments to CALPADS data are due.
- OCTOBER 3, 2016: Deadline for charter schools to submit an appeal to the SBE to be reviewed at the January SBE meeting.
- OCTOBER 5, 2016: CBEDS Information Day.
- OCTOBER 31, 2016: Charter School 20 Day Attendance Report due to the CDE.
- OCTOBER 31, 2016: California Basic Educational Data System (CBEDS) data due.
- NOVEMBER 1, 2016: Deadline for submitting Proposition 39 facilities requests.
- NOVEMBER 15, 2016: P-1, Tax and Revenue Limit data files due to the CDE.